Helpful Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some tips to help solve issues related loading and freezing during play, game crashes, or inability to access the game portal:
Check Your Device
For web - make sure your students are on laptops, desktops, or chromebooks
For iPads/iPhone - make sure to download the Boddle App (access link here)
Check Your Web Browser
Make sure you and your students are using either Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Still Experiencing Issues?
- If you are using Boddle in school, make sure the Boddle site is whitelisted on your school’s network. Read this quick article for information on whitelisting and how to easily communicate this to IT.
- Try reloading the tab with the error.
- Ensure that students are going to play.boddlelearning.com and not trying to log in to the parent/teacher portal.
- Close all background apps and excess browser tabs. This will help the game run faster.
- Ensure your browser is up to date. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to update your browser.
- Clear your browser’s cache. Here’s how to do that.
- For Web GL errors, check your Chrome settings to ensure hardware acceleration is turned on. Simply go to chrome://settings, click show advanced settings at the bottom of page, and under system, make sure the Use hardware acceleration when available box is checked. Then try loading the page again
If you’ve taken all these steps and are still having trouble, you can contact your Boddle support at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us via the live chat button on the bottom right. We're here to help!